Hello World! We Are Here!
e are The Spark Institute and we are so excited to be opening our new treatment centre in Vaughan! We are a group of health professionals that are passionate about mental wellness especially when affecting children and teenagers… so this is what we do.
Our philosophy and treatment approach is grounded in knowing the following:
- 70% of mental health concerns originate in childhood
- every single person’s experience of their mental health/mental health concern is different
- what each person requires to feel better is entirely unique
- there are many factors at play when anyone is suffering
- the stigma around mental health can be very painful and isolating
- the medical model can be effective but often has many gaps and doesn’t work for everyone
We are here to provide a new approach to the world of mental health. We work as a tightly knit team, we get to know your child’s illness intimately and together we will design a treatment plan totally individualized to address all of the aspects contributing to their condition.
We seek to normalize how your child is feeling because we know that these issues can be very sensitive and difficult for young people to express. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where anyone feels comfortable and safe to speak about what they are dealing with, to people who really understand, free of any judgement.
We promise to provide our very best care and our deepest commitment is to reignite your child’s spark.
Below is a list of conditions we typically treat. In the blog posts that will follow, we will go through each condition individually.
- Eating disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders (depression, bipolar disorder)
- Personality Disorders
- Other: (sleep disturbances, emotional dysregulation, difficulty coping, stress management issues, transitional issues, etc.